Don't let an injury keep you from enjoying the things you love.
How Can We Help You End Your Pain?
Tell us what type of injury you are dealing with, so we can direct you to more specific help and advice.
At ADAPT Performance and Rehab, we help active individuals maintain their active lifestyle, free of pain or any other restriction that may risk their ability to enjoy the things they love.
When something like pain strikes from out of the blue, or if you experience an injury from playing sports or exercising - we know it’s very tempting to leave it and hope it’ll simply “go away on it’s own” with time and rest… It's generally the first thought for anyone who lives an active lifestyle.
You're hoping you’ll wake up someday and like “magic”, it’ll be as if the injury never happened in the first place - but that’s usually not the case, and often the pain ends up worse than it was when it first started.
We also know it’s very easy to reach for a bottle of painkillers, and take them whenever pain strikes so it diminishes quickly - but all those painkillers do is mask the pain while you end up sidelined from activities for months because the true problem went unaddressed.
Or, maybe you’re left feeling confused, even skeptical because you’ve sought advice from other Healthcare professionals, or even a Physical Therapist in the past, and nothing they seemed to say or do helped.
If this sounds like you, you’re not alone.
At ADAPT we hear this all the time… In fact people who come to see us have often:
- Thought the pain would go away on it’s own, but it didn’t
- Paid visits to multiple Doctors, ultimately being told to rest, take some pain medications, and stay away from most activities - then weeks later go back to see the Doctor again, only to be prescribed MORE rest, an even stronger dose of painkillers, possibly given injections, and told to spend more time away from the activities they love
- Gone to a corporate Physical Therapy clinic where they were treated at the same time as 4-5 other patients, barely spent 5 minutes with the physical therapist, were given the same set of meaningless exercises for an entire month, only to now still having difficulty staying active and playing sports without pain
- Tried a few YouTube exercises, but those exercises either didn’t do a thing or aggravated the pain making it 10 times worse
- Thought it would be a good idea to rest because the pain was so bad, but all that did was make the problem even more stiff and tight
Our Approach To Physical Therapy
Hands-on, meaningful treatment. It's as simple as that.
At Adapt, we do not believe in sitting back while letting hot and cold packs do the job for us. We believe in advanced physical therapy treatment. This means working hands-on with a complete, full body approach.
Our approach starts by addressing the underlying issues. This is the equivalent of making sure the foundation is properly set prior to building back everything on top of it.
Your program will progress within each session with new, higher level treatment until we are certain your injury is GONE, the root cause for injury is FULLY addressed, and you have met your goals entirely!
Our advanced approach is a quicker, more direct form of physical therapy which can reduce your injury time significantly.
What To Expect During Your Treatment
Each session is one-on-one for a full hour with a Doctor of Physical Therapy. You can expect your time to be filled entirely with research-based treatment techniques in which a physical therapist's expertise is necessary to execute.
Treatment may include:
- Joint mobilizations and manipulations
- Soft tissue treatment including massage, Trigger Point Releases, and Graston
- Fascial Release Techniques
- Taping strategies including RockTape and McConnell Taping
- Postural Restorative Exercises
- Therapeutic Exercises including strengthening and stretching to address appropriate joint position, movement quality, load tolerance and resiliency.
- Home Exercise Program
- Dry Cupping and/or Integrative dry needling
Please bring comfortable, loose fitted clothing and sneakers.
Conditions We Treat
We treat all orthopedic injuries, sports injuries, chronic pain injuries, post-surgical injuries, and many women's health injuries.
We are able to treat multiple injuries/ body parts within in the same session if needed.
Common Conditions Include:
- Neck Pain: Herniated or Bulging Disc, Cervical Radiculopathy, Whiplash Injuries, Cervicogenic Headaches.
- Shoulder Pain: Rotator Cuff Tears and Strains, Tendonitis, Labral Tears, SLAP Tears, Shoulder Instability, Dislocations and Subluxations, Adhesive Capsulitis.
- Elbow, Wrist, Hand Pain: Tennis Elbow, Golfer's Elbow, Sprains and Strains.
- Thoracic, Upper Back, Rib Pain: Spinal Instability, Pain upon breathing, Postural pain.
- Lumbar, Low Back, Pelvic Pain: Herniated or Bulging Disc, Sciatica, Radiculopathy, Stenosis, Muscle Strains, Pelvic Floor Pain and Dysfunction, Chronic Pain.
- Hip Pain: Labrum Tears, Snapping Hip Syndrome, IT Band Syndrome, Contusions, Groin Pain, Hamstring and Quad Strains.
- Knee Pain: ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL Ligament Sprains, Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, Runner's Knee, Meniscal Tears, Cartilage Tears.
- Ankle Pain: Ankle Sprains, Shin Splints, Calf Strains, Stress Fractures, Tendonitis.
Still Have Questions?
At ADAPT, we offer FREE 30 Minute Discovery Consultations in order to perform an assessment and provide you with a proper diagnosis, answer all of your questions, and come up with a bullet-proof plan to help you reach your goals.
Our consultations are 100% FREE because everyone should know what is going on with their body in order to ALWAYS be in control.
Your life is important. Don't let something that doesn't need to be an issue become your constant worry and struggle.
Feel free to give us a call at (609) 218-8003 now to ask any questions you may still have, or to book your FREE 30 Minute Discovery Consultation over the phone.